Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Category:Rail transport timelines|
- 1873 – The Staten Island Railway is reorganized through the purchase by George Law of the Staten Island Rail Road company.
- 1880 – The first Southern Pacific Railroad train reaches Tucson, Arizona.
- 1880 – The Miami Valley Railway, in Ohio, is sold from receivership to the Toledo, Delphos and Burlington railway.
- 1896 – The Grand Trunk Railway purchases the Central Vermont Railway and begins operating it as a wholly owned subsidiary.
- 1904 – The Southern Pacific Railroad completes the Coast Line between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, California.
- 1929 – Yaga Station in 5-chōme, Yaga, Higashi-ku, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan, opens.
- 1949 – The Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad, Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad and Western Pacific Railroad jointly launch the California Zephyr between Chicago, Illinois, and San Francisco, California, as the first train to include Vista Dome cars in regular service.
- 1960 – The Pioneer Zephyr trainset makes its final revenue run on a trip from Lincoln, Nebraska, to Kansas City, Missouri. It then continues through Galesburg to Chicago, Illinois in preparation for its final disposition.
- 1965 – At least 17 stations and two lines closed in Airedale and Wharfedale in West Yorkshire, England, as a result of the Beeching Axe.
- 2004 – An agreement between the Thai and Lao governments is signed to extend the railway to Thanaleng Railway Station in Laos, about 3.5 km (2.2 mi) from the Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge, which would become the first railway link to Laos.
- 2015 – The driver of the Dehradun-Varanasi Janata Express reports that the brakes had failed on his train; the train was diverted into a siding and crashed through the buffers at Bachhrawan, resulting in at least fifty-eight deaths and 150 people being injured. See also: 2015 Uttar Pradesh train accident
- Bommer, Edward. "Staten Island Rapid Transit". Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- Preston, L. E. (1887). History of Richmond County (Staten Island), New York: From Its Discovery to the Present Time, Part 1. Memorial Publishing Company.
- Bairstow, Martin (2004). Railways Through Airedale & Wharfedale. The Amadeus Press. ISBN 1-871944-28-7.
- "Testing takes train into Laos". Railway Gazette International. July 7, 2008.
- Mahesh, Niha. "32 Die as Train Derails Near Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh, 50 People Injured". NDTV India. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- Srivastava, Piyush. "UP train crash death toll rises to 58 as driver reveals his SOS alerts were ignored". Mail Online. Retrieved 22 March 2015.